Frequently Asked Questions about JMU’s Project Management Certificate
Why should I choose JMU for project management training?
James Madison University’s certificate program provides:
• Intensive, focused training with PMP® certification mapping and lesson labs following the project management body of knowledge (PMBOK)
• PMP® certified instruction from qualified instructors with over 20 years of project management training experience
• Instructor assistance in the completion of your PMP® credential application
• Use of a variety of practice exams
• Certificate fromthe state’s premier university, which enhances your résumé
• The 35 education hours needed to sit for the PMP® examination, administered byProject Management Institute
Are there financing opportunities for the Project Management Certificate program?
You may consider a private loan with your banking institution or local credit union. As an alternative, you may apply for a Sallie Mae Smart Option Student Loan or a Wells Fargo Collegiate Loan. When using private lending, you must be registered at least one month before the course start date.
To qualify/apply for a Sallie Mae or Wells Fargo loan:
1. The requested loan amount cannot exceed the course fee.
2. You must be registered in the course prior to JMU Outreach certifying the loan. Complete and submit the registration form first.
3. Apply online with Sallie Mae or Wells Fargo.NOTE: Please use the following James Madison University Continuing Education account when applying: 003721-98.
They will evaluate your credit score and may recommend a co-borrower based on your credit history.
* The FAFSA is used only for degree-seeking programs, not non-credit certificate programs.As a non-credit program, the Project Management Certificate does not qualify for FAFSA-based aid.
What is the enrollment deadline?
This program has limited seating, so it is strongly advised to register as soon as possible. Otherwise, if paying by credit card or check, your registration is dueno later than two weeks before the course start date. For all other payment methods, we must have your registration and payment (verified loan approval, WIOA arrangements, etc.) at least one month prior to the course start date. For more information on financing the program, please click here.
What is the attendance policy for this program?
Attendance of ALL classroom lecture sessions are mandatory for the on-campus offering. For the online program, you must attend ALL live, online instructor-led sessions as well as complete the outlined lessons. Otherwise, you will not meet the 35 hour requirement needed to receive a project management certificate nor have enough hours to qualify for PMP examination. All coursework must be finished by the course end date of the program.
This Project Management certificate is approved for 3.5 CEUs (35 contact hours) through Outreach & Engagement at James Madison University.
"The Project Management Certificate and training provides a framework for consistently delivering projects within Scope, on Schedule and within Budget. For the student preparing to take the PMP Exam, the course will prepare you to take and PASS the exam with confidence!"